The private session is a fantastic way to train your puppy or dog, with your family, in your home, or at our dog language center, around your schedule! It doesn't get any better than this (except for our unique Board and Train programs).
Garrett will custom tailor a behavior modification plan that will work best for you and your dog. This is 95% of what we do because of the amazing results and rapid changes that occur in the owners and the dogs!
Whether your dog faces aggression, fears or phobias, or just wants to reach the next level of training; the personal and convenient in-home sessions yield great results in fast order. From puppy behaviors to advanced dog obedience and behavior modification, training in your neighborhood is always the best idea. We set up real world scenarios and achieve the greatests results!
Private training and natural dog handling is the best option to balance and calm an over-excited or out of control dog. Unlike other training methods, you will see real results and a happier, calmer dog!
Whether in your home or at our Dog Language Center, Garrett can see the worst of your dog’s behaviors and know what to deal with first, and then determine the best plan of action.
Give us a call and experience the difference.
Call today, it could change your life.
"Garrett is the only trainer we recommend! He is great with dogs and people. His methods differ from other trainers
because he gets great results no matter how difficult the dog. Everyone at Fort Fido highly recommends him!"
-David, owner, Fort Fido Doggie Daycare, U.P. WA
*Due to extremely high demand for this service please understand calls/vms are returned on a first call-first serve basis*
Come put your training to the test in a distracting yet secure environment. Classes are fun, and folks are amazed by how much their puppy or dog can learn to focus, even with distractions. Garrett always challenges the puppies and dogs to a higher level of training by adding more time, distance, and distractions.
"Garrett's classes are different because unlike other typical trainers he doesn't teach them based on a set curriculum but instead customizes the classes according to the individual human handlers and their dogs!"
All ages are welcome from nine week old puppies to senior dogs, they all can learn new tricks. Call to find out when the next classes begin.
Classes are held at Stevens Family Kennels and Dog Language Center in Puyallup!
*Please be aware there are several cons when compared to the few pros that occur in any group class..They are never the best option for a dog or pup to build a natural and calm relationship!* For more info about this critical issue please go to our blog and search "Group classes."*
Seminars and Workshops
- Balanced and Calm: In this popular seminar, Garrett performs live demos on hyper dogs, fearful or aggressive dogs in attendance. He will cover how dogs think; communicating with canines without the use of food or harsh handling; pack structure; corrections (to correct or not?); and most important, how to calm and balance your dog.
- Socialize for Success: This seminar examines how sociability in dogs is the key to proper canine behavior. Most problems can be fixed by the right kind of socialization (in old dogs too). It also covers pack dynamics, and how there is strength in numbers. Bring your crazy dog and Garrett will perform live demos.
- Heeling and Leash Manners: This workshop is what you need to get a fantastic heel (dog walks beside you) with a loose leash! If your dog or puppy pulls, lunges, barks, bites, over-smells or over- marks while on leash this is the one for you. Don't waste time out-muscleing your dog (and don't use a worthless harness) get the walk or jog you've always imagined. (We also offer a Intro to Heeling and Leash Manners video!)
- Puppy Imprinting: This workshop is phenominal if you have a new puppy. We cover all the major puppy issues and then some. I believe it is vital to add natural dog training techniques and dog massage in a firm yet calming way if you own a new pup. A canines first two senses are smell and touch/feeling. In this workshop I give you the tools to lead, teach, and bond with your extremely rapid growing puppy. The first year of a dog's life is actually the human equivalent of 15 years! They go from toddler right to teen! All puppies are blank slates and furry bundles of raw instinct. Early dog training, dog whispering, and socialization is vital to proper canine mental development and makes everything easier on both dog and human in the future.
- Fearful Dog (or Pup): 95% of aggression is fear based. This workshop covers how truly debilitating and horrifying fear can be in an animal born to explore, smell, play, and run in a social group/pack! A canine's very survival is based on being social and not over-fearful. Fear is all to common in our dogs these days and it is because they are constantly allowed to over access the fight/flight side of their brain. Many times the well meaning owner, dog trainer, behavioralist, dog rescue or vet even exacerbates and intensifies the problem by soft praise, picking-up, and over-petting at totally inappropriate times. Get the knowledge and demonstration you and your dog desperately need to move forward. Don't allow your dog or puppy to be a victim - Get them the help they need and get them moving onward and upward, more social, much calmer and happier.
Apprenticeship Now Available!
Learn the natural, calming ways of canine communication directly from the HOT-Listed author of Dog Myths and So Long Separation Anxiety, Garrett Stevens and, of course, learn from all the dogs we interact with daily!
Learn the Garrett Stevens Method and how to equip clients and calm and reverse serious behavioral issues
as our Certified Apprentice!
Discover what most behaviorists and dog trainers do NOT know! (you'd be surprised by how much!)
Learn the differences between dog whispering, behavior modification techniques, and obedience training and how and when to apply each method for the greatest efficiency and best results!
Enjoy building something in life that's worthwhile and serving the community and helping animals!
(Be prepared to pay for our apprenticeship - we believe this is worth more than many college educations because it will set you up for success in life and in finances straightaway and it will not cripple you with outrageous debt for several years)
Gain life, business, observation, and dog behavioral modification skills in a creative, fun, challenging, and exciting environment!
If you are the Owner of a Veterinary office, Dog Daycare, Dog Rescue, Grooming facility or Dog Boutique ...
-Book Garrett for a "Meet the Trainer" or "Meet the Author - book signing" day or a Q and A session for your customers in your facility
-Book Garrett to Instruct your staff and provide Demonstrations
on proper dog handling and many other issues such as:
the fearful dog, the rescue dog, the parent dog, how to stop a dog fight, how to avoid getting bit and safety techniques, how dogs think, pack dynamics, predatory drift, how dogs should meet, what to do when typical dog training isn't working, interrupting a dog's behavioral pattern, reading dog body language and energy communication, and the aggressive dog.
Call to request the illuminating book, Dog Myths, for your office or facility! The book is a game changer!
BOARD and TRAIN - Calming Behavioral Rehab at STEVENS FAMILY KENNELS!
This is the Best of the Best!
95% of what we do everyday in our standard training and private sessions is equipping owners to be prepared and confident enough to handle their own dog
and their own situations. You are the key
to your dog or pup's better future. With that being said, some dogs are so severely gone psychologically speaking (extreme fear or aggression, anxiety, or hyperactivity) Garrett may offer a board and train program option to aid in the psychological rehab and quick reversal of your dog's behavior. In other cases it may simply behoove a dog or puppy owner to select one of our board and train programs that coincides with a family vacation or business trip.
Your dog will stay at Stevens Family Kennels and Dog Language Center -located on five private acres in Puyallup in a 4000sqft, climate-controlled kennel with many indoor/outdoor runs, high- fenced play fields and will have access to our new dog treadmills - you're furry friend is bound to love it and change quickly with Garrett and his example dogs!
Garrett's warning to all: If you are currently or if you have ever used a trainer or behaviorist who wants to sign you up for a year, sign you up for 10 or 20 classes, or upsells you session after session, or class after class, or keeps you on the hook, they are probably doing so strictly for their own financial gains and obviously NOT equipping you to move forward in a timely fashion. This is unethical! The other large possibility may be that they simply have piss poor methods, and so, they get poor results and it takes up so much of your time and energy! (Beware bad training methods!) If they dogmatically talk about or use "positive reinforcement only" or "negative reinforcement" or if they constantly use food treats or harsh corrections (hanging, rolling, shocking) on your companion/housedog - proceed with caution (before hiring them) because, honestly, they don't know how to build a healthy relationship based in how all dogs on the planet
build them! (For more info see Stevens Family Kennels on Youtube, or Garrett's blog, or his books.)
Garrett knows that if you influence and truly help equip the owner
and help them learn the natural way of the dog; great results naturally flow to the dogs!
So our uniquely tailored Behavioral Board and Train method comes with two private sessions in order to make sure the dog owner is educated properly. The great news?...
Things begin to happen faster than most people could imagine and amazing changes can occur when we touch into the social dog's way of life and language! Human education is the key to lasting and proper dog education.
Dogs are the closest relationship mankind has with any animal on the planet. Don't settle for less than the best for you and your family.
We also offer standard boarding (just $35 a night) at Stevens Family Kennels for any time you go away!
Leave your pooch with the most trusted name in dog training - Stevens Family Kennels and Dog Language Center!
PUP PERFECT PROGRAM!
Garrett and Jesse Stevens have designed the perfect program to transform your puppy into a calm, wonderful, balanced dog
7 private sessions
- each one with very specific goals and outcomes to lovingly lead your pup into incredible social skills and genuine maturity.
Each amazing session will be unique in that we cover foundational dog language skills familiar to all canines (most puppy classes or dog training NEVER does this!) and we will, of course, add in all the obedience (sit, stay, down, come, heel, free, take it, drop it, fetch it, leave it, calm) one could wish for.
Your pup's naturally-occuring strengths and weaknesses (and your own) will be properly identified and worked with for the greatest maximum results for both handler and puppy. If you've done other training before this will knock your socks off! No weak positive-only methods and no need for harsh punitive methods either!
Remember...calls/voicemails are returned on a first-come - first serve basis!
How much is a calm and smooth-functioning household worth to you?